Saturday, September 10, 2011

Repairing Traffic Cones

The local shoesmiths specialize in sewing anything up. Next door, around 30 meters away, is a local motorcycle testing school, or something - I see a bunch of riders riding between the orange cones carefully lined up outside of the catholic church, across the street from the school. Orange street cones crack, so the shoesmiths sew up the cracks before they are placed in their lines again.

Things like orange cones are as expensive in Rwanda as they are in a developing country, but shoe
smiths are cheaper, so
cones are fixed up.
In other news, sneakily tucked away in this post on traffic cones: some mamas came up to m
e and assured me that I was still getting fatter. Though I'm not. I checked the scale. They
pinched my arms and lower back (sigh...love handles...) and were truly impressed. I
like to think that this was an assurance, a confidence boost, just in case I was getting insecure about my not getting fatter.



2 comments:

  1. Nice blog post If you are searching for the quality marking paint Highway 1 offer wide variety of high quality safety products including rubber wheelchair ramps,marking paint,measuring wheels,child safety vest,reflective bag cover,office cable protector,safety chain,bulk bags,glycerine for road safety purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog post !!!!... Thanks For Sharing Information. I Really like it... We also provide Durable, high-quality plastic, bright safety orange cones. Great for training, cross country course markers, trail classes and much more.

    ReplyDelete